Friday 21 June 2013

The First Days




Hunter is perfect.  He looks so much like Cooper did when he was tiny.  Hunters nose curved slightly to the right just like Mathews does, he had huge hands and feet with funny curled up toes like Mathew, he had big black eyes like Mathew and black like hair like him too.  Hunter was going to grow up to look even more like his Daddy than Cooper does.  I was so excited to watch my boys up, to see Mathew grow with his sons.  He is such a good Daddy, I felt so blessed to have these three amazing boys in my life.  Perfection.

My time in hospital with Hunter was great.  He was so loud and aggressive!  And what an awesome feeder he was!  When he was hungry he'd shout at me and jump on the breast and feed furiously.  I had problems feeding Cooper so I was very excited about the prospect of being able to breast feed Hunter successfully.  During my pregnancy breast feeding was the one thing I wanted to do differently to with Cooper. Another tick in the box.

Three days passed, I was healing well and was getting my strength back.  They still don't know what was wrong with me but the minute Hunter was born I was well again, not a single fever, headache or chill...

Hunter continued to be a dream baby.  Fed well, slept pretty good for as far as newborns go.  I would talk to him in the wee hours of the morning, tell him of the plans we had, I told him all about his big brother and his Daddy.  I told him I would always look after him and that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.  

The following day we were going home as a family of four.  We would go for walks to the park in the double pram, trips out with two kids in the back of the car.  I thought everyone should be jealous because I had two perfect baby boys and the best father for my children.  Life was so totally perfect.  





No comments:

Post a Comment