Thursday 20 June 2013

The Beginning 

August 2012 was when my journey began with Hunters conception.  Only three months after giving birth to his big brother, Cooper.  We were excited!  Wow we were going to be so busy in a few short months!  "Lucky Cooper is sleeping through the night" was my fist thought after reading the positive pregnancy test. 

Mathew and I had planned this pregnancy, we didn't think it'd happen so quickly but we were just as excited about the arrival of a second baby as we were with our first.  

The weeks went by incredibly fast and before I knew it we were at our 20 week scan to find out the sex of our baby!  And of course to check that he/she was healthy and developing perfectly.  It's a boy!  Cooper was going to have a brother who was just a year younger than him.  I remember asking Mathew if we can call him Hunter.  Well, that was it, Hunter it was and it fit him perfectly right from that moment.  

Planning for another boy was easy, I had done it once, knew what we needed and what to expect.  It was all so exciting.  We talked endlessly about little Hunter.  Was he going to be a big, active, funny, crazy kid like Cooper or would he be totally different?  Would he look like Cooper and Mathew or would he take after me?  So many things to dream about and wonder.

I couldn't wait for the day I felt my first contraction.  I thought I would be so excited.  My labour and birth would be the same as with Cooper - fast and relatively easy as far as child birth goes...I was very wrong.

Here is Hunters Story and my journey through grief so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment