Monday 24 June 2013

My Babies Funeral


Thursday 23rd May we buried our baby boy.  More than a hundred people from all over turned out to say goodbye to Hunter and support Mathew and I.

We arranged his service, we chose his bed, his resting place, carefully picked each and every song that would be played, we spoke and we carried is bed to where he now lies.

Mathew and I wanted to do as much as we could for our son.  Be as close to him as we could.  

We asked people to dress in bright clothes, I didn't want a room full of black.  

I am proud of what we did for Hunter. 

People say that a funeral is closure, I don't believe there is ever 'closure' after loosing a child.  In time I will learn to live with my grief but it will never be gone.

One day I will be able to put Hunter in a special place in my heart where I will visit him and remember.  

I will always have two sons and we will always be a family of four.  Cooper will grow up knowing he has a brother.  A brother with wings.  







No comments:

Post a Comment