Tuesday 25 February 2014

A Mummy To Hold Your Hand

Don't laugh Hunter, Mummy is no poet. I wrote this on a particularly hard day.

A Mummy To Hold Your Hand

Every day I'm scared
Terrified and in pain.
I hold it in most days
so others don't run away.
I get up each morning,
I put on my mask
I come across as normal,
So no one bothers to ask.

Each second of each day
Its hard for me to say
"I'm not ok,
I'm broken
I miss him every day."

It can't be different
It's not going to change
Soon I have to accept,
It's me who has to change.

We're having another baby now.
Your brother is on his way.
Mummy wants to be happy
But I struggle every day.
It's been a while since I could smile and say
"It's been a good day,
In each and every way."

But every single day,
something is for sure
I won't stop telling people
about the angel I adore.

I will forever be your mum.
You will forever be my son.
Mummy and Daddy miss you
And who you would become.

We've missed so much already
But one thing is for sure,
We are proud of you today
And we are proud to have you as our son
in each and every way.

For now I wish you happiness,
A Mummy to hold your hand.
I wish for a Daddy to play with you,
and build castles in the sand.
Watch over your two brothers.
And show them the right way,
For every now and then
I'm sure they'll go astray.

They know they have a brother,
An angel up above,
Who Mummy and Daddy talk about
and always say they love.

For now I have to go
It's time for me to sleep
Come visit me my baby
And make my dreams complete.

- for Hunter with love, from Mumma.
19.02.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment